We are seeking a Head of Manufacturing Sciences and Technology who will report directly to the Head of Process Sciences.
The Head of Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MSAT) will have primary responsibility for this function at Vibalogics in our new Boxborough facility. This position is responsible for managing Technology Transfer (Viral vectors, cell and gene therapy tech transfer) from Process Development (PD) or drop in transfers from customers, MSAT lab (production support and troubleshooting), and Process Validation (Process performance qualification and support in commercialization). The head of MSAT will demonstrate leadership skills including providing employee guidance, development and coaching to ensure the teams are aligned to the site strategy and are supporting the site to deliver on our current contracts and business pursuits. The position is a member of the leadership team at the site, responsible for delivery and site strategy.
- Perform all functions associated with building and leading multiple groups in the MSAT organization
- Focus on safety, resource planning, oversight of the group’s work deliverables, overview of group budgetary performance, oversight of quality records and quality performance, providing guidance and advice on Lonza policy and procedures, promoting global interactions, mediating conflicts, providing technical input, providing guidance on company strategy, prioritizing work and assisting in establishing long term group direction and objectives
- Hire top talent and provides coaching, mentoring and development to each member of the MSAT management team both in execution of their group responsibilities and in their own personal development
- Develop and coach direct reports for future leadership roles. In addition to setting a good example for all, provides coaching and mentoring to all members of the MSAT organization for their personal and professional development
- Engage with Program Managers and directly with Vibalogics customers to ensure projects are planned and executed appropriately in order to deliver to, and meet the needs of, our customers and the business
- Engage, interact, and communicate with the site leadership team through group meetings, etc. to ensure that the site is aligned to support successful delivery as a business to our customers and to Vibalogics
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences or Biomedical/Chemical Engineering. Masters’ of Science in Engineering or PhD highly preferred
- Extensive biotech industry experience in process development, process scale up/manufacturing and process validation
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and manufacturing support (Viral Vector, Cell and Gene Therapy preferred)
- US/EU regulations and intermediate knowledge of statistical data analysis
- Knowledge should encompass both upstream (cell biology, cell culture, scale up and mass transfer, bioreactor operation and filtration) and downstream (scale up, chromatography, batch ultrafiltration/diafiltration,(UF/DF) and virus filtration) technologies and include small scale (laboratory) experience
- Effectively presents information and ideas formally and informally, verbally and in writing to others in a manner that facilitates understanding
- Able to concisely communicate status, needs, forecasts, risks and timelines effectively to senior management
- Displays a clear willingness to listen to others
- Has good interpersonal skills and works collaboratively in an effective manner to achieve objectives
- Practices safety awareness at all times and considers the impact of actions prior to executing activities
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate a large team in the achievement of specific objectives
Vibalogics US, Inc. offers a very competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k), and generous vacation and time off policies among other attractive benefits. We operate in a world class facility to attract the best and brightest talent to work collaboratively in our mission to bring novel therapies to the patients who need them most.
To apply: please forward a resume to: Linda.email@example.com
Vibalogics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.